Monday, December 11, 2006

My Little Brother

I have a wonderful
"little" brother! One of my earliest memories includes the fact that Daniel was too little to do something that I, a big girl, was able to do. Well, that didn't last too long. He tries to let me keep my place as older sister, but I've found myself needing his expertise more than once! It was hard to know what he would do when he grew up, because he was always great with things like cattle, horses, and woodworking; he loved the outdoors and anything related to old time farm life.
He knows how to tie knots!
Late in high school, he became interested in the unlikely profession of healthcare! Far from what I would have expected from him, he took to EMT things and then nursing. It has been so much fun sharing stories, knowledge, and experiences with Daniel over these last few years as he we have both studied nursing. His love for the Lord, skill at working with people, competence, and enthusiasm for what he does are what make him one of the best!

Daniel, I can't believe that you just finished your last nursing final and are ready to graduate!

7 comments:

Daniel said...

Thanks so much Amy! You sure know how to glamour up a routine guy. However, it really is exciting to be done and to be honest with you (shhh don’t tell anyone else), I let out a couple of audible “shrieks” of joy this afternoon…that’s how exciting it is :)

Kelci, I don’t know what to say about you…besides that you crack me up. Guys and muscles indeed! Maybe it is the TX factor…lol

To the rest of you all, I’d like to say…I am blessed with an extraordinarily sweet big sister!!! I’m sure you’ll have to agree!

Love you Amy!

Kaylene said...

He's done! CHEERS!!! The pictures are great Amy!

Daniel, we all HAVE to agree, cause theres no arguing that Amy is extraordinarily sweet! ( ;

Kelc, I have no comment to your comment...because its too confusing. Except for I did notice that your man made someone else's blog... congratulations...( ;

Amy said...

Sadly, I will not be able to make the graduation. You all will have to take pictures for me! I do have a plane ticket for December 30th through January 4th! It will be a short trip, but I am looking forward to it.

I'm glad you like the picture, Kelci, even though it is of him getting poked:)

Thank you all for your kind comments!

Jolynn B said...

I enjoyed the post, Amy! By the pic of you w/Daniel on your lap, it looks like he passed you up heightwise at a very young age!

Jolynn B said...

I can't wait to see you!:)

Amy said...

Awwww, he didn't pass me up in height until many years later:) Remember, he is on my lap and closer to the camera! Can't wait to see you all either! I was telling one of my friends today that I just want to fly away! I'll get to do just that in 2 1/2 weeks!

Jolynn B said...

Oh, OK.:D
I am anxiously awaiting your landing.:)