Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Favorite Books

What are your all time favorite books or books that you highly recommend that I add to my reading list?

Here are some that I have enjoyed most through the years:

Bruchko--Bruce Olsen
The Cross and the Switchblade--David Wilkerson
The Price of Freedom--Alex Domokos
Hidden Rainbow--Christmas Carol Kauffman
A Child Called "It"--Dave Pelzer
The Lost Boy--Dave Pelzer
A Man Named Dave--Dave Pelzer
The Hiding Place--Corrie Ten Boom
God's Smuggler--Brother Andrew
Of Whom the World Was Not Worthy--Marie Chapian
Where is God When It Hurts--Philip Yancey
My Utmost for His Highest

There are so many others that I'm not thinking of now, but each of these came to mind because of the impact they have had on me.

10 comments:

Kaylene said...

Heres just a few of my favorites:

Peril By Choice- James C. Hefley

Stepping Heavenward- Elizabeth Prentiss

A Chance to Die- Elisabeth Elliot

You named several of my other favorites (Bruchko has got to be one of the best books ever written) but I'm looking forward to reading your other recommendations some day...
Hope your day goes beautifully!

Anonymous said...

One REALLY good book that I never get tired of reading is "Evidence not Seen" by Darlene Deibler Rose.

Anonymous said...

The Cost of Discipleship by D. Bonhoeffer
The Imitation of Christ by Thomas a Kempis (really more of a devotional)
Of course, there's a whole lot more that I could list. How do you feel about fiction? I don't want to overwhelm you though with a crazy long list. :)

Sarah Blanshan said...

Little Women makes me cry every time with its wonderfulness. Blue Like Jazz would have to be up there, too.

Anonymous said...

A couple of my favorites are:
Hind's Feet On High Places by Hannah Hurnard and Light from Heaven by Christmas Carol Kauffman.

I have a question for you--I had put a comment on Caleb's Xanga and signed up not realizing that it made me a site. Does it cost anything or have any catches to it? Does Blogspot cost anything?

Thank you and may the Lord bless your day. ~Abby

Anonymous said...

Gulp. Pelzer's books. Wow. His story is intense.

heidi @ ggip said...

Some of the books on your list are really great books. However, I just have to recommend the Jan Karon Mitford series. They are such good fiction books, but I learned so much about how to be a gentle Christ like person from the books.

Sarah Blanshan said...

If You Give a Mouse a Cookie....

Quite possibly the best book of all time.

P.S. I miss you, roomie. We should have a night together soon.

Amy said...

Thanks to all of you! I've read a few of those books, but others will have to go on the list... To answer your question, Abby, xanga and blogspot do not cost anything. Xanga only costs if you sign up of their premium service, whatever that is! If you join the blog world, I'll look forward to reading your site!

Unknown said...

Hey! I haven't really read many of those books but I would recommend Wild at Heart by John Eldridge! It is a great book, it is kind more based towards guys but I know a lot of girls that have read it and really liked it also. I have read it so many times!!! The other book that I read by Eldridge is Journey of Desire, it was really good to!