The last few days...
Aunt Nancy and Uncle Vlad were passing through Rochester, so we spent a few hours a couple of times eating lunch and visiting:)
My friend, Bev, and I took a drive to the Lanesboro area and the places where she was born and raised. You know those roads that beckon to be explored? Those are the types of little back roads that we traveled. She hadn't been back to see that area for years, and I think it made her month!
I interviewed for a job on the ICU (intensive care unit) float staff and got it! I won't start until February 6th, but I think it's worth the wait. I'll get 5-6 months of classroom and on the job training for eight ICU's here at Mayo. The only ones I cannot work in will be the pediatric and neonatal ICU's. Once trained, my job will be to work in whichever ICU needs me that day. Some days I will cover the resource nurse pager for the hospital. All of this sounds so exciting to me, but once my training is over, I will have a one year committment. That means that I will probably be here at least until July or August of 2009.
Right now, I am sitting in a patient's room listening to him snore...
2 comments:
Amy,
Way to go girl!!! Good news!!!
We'll be praying for you as you serve thoes in need!!!
Elaine
Elaine! It's great to see your comments and know you are enjoying reading my blog! How did you find out about it? How are things going with you? I don't actually have an email address for you, but mine is amyharrisrn@gmail.com in case you want to write or give me an update on your life!
Post a Comment