Thursday, October 04, 2007

Milo Harvest

Well, here are the pictures of milo harvest.
Daddy in the combine.












Though not this time, our grain often goes to the Gruver elevators, Sunray Coop.
Mama's driving in the combine, and I'm goofing off while waiting...

Here's proof I was there! I got to drive the combine and graincart as well as ride with Daniel in the truck.









Colorful milo in various stages of maturity.
Daniel and Daddy tarping the truck.
Daniel unloading the truck at Texas Farm, the hog feed company that Daddy was selling it to.
The first day, we only harvested a little before deciding that it was too green. The next time we harvested... ...we were rained out.



Well, for a little Amy update:

Last weekend, I went down to Ben and Tandalee's. We spent most of Saturday at Aunt Nancy and Uncle Vlad's lovely new house while eating Aunt Nancy's excellent cooking! Today, Aunt Nancy and Uncle Vlad stopped by for a few hours on their way to Minneapolis. We enjoyed the 80+ October weather by eating outside and walking around some.

As many of you know, I love playing Ultimate Frisbee. It has been harder to do that after college, but recently I started playing with an informal group. Through that, I learned about another group that I played with today. Let me tell you, these folks are serious! There weren't too many people there, so it was 5 on 5, which equals lots of running. The girl I was guarding runs faster than I do:) Though they were intense, they said I "have potential" and taught me the official rules and gave me tips along the way. I plan to play with them when possible, which means I need to get in better condition.

3 comments:

heidi @ ggip said...

Wow, I have never witnessed things like that on a farm, nor have I ever heard of milo.

That is incredible about the ultimate frisbee team. Sometimes these "informal" things become awfully formal and competitive. I hope you have fun.

Anonymous said...

Amy,

How wonderful and precious it is for all of us to be able to view life through your heart and mind. I cherish the beauty that you share with us. I learn so much from you about how to observe and capture on film. I love it when you give us a glimpse of an intimate moment with a fragile patient. You show us how important the little details are in any situation.Elaine Odegaard

The Dart Family said...

Wonderful! I like the picture of the rainbow through raindrops, also the proof picture. That was nicely composed. How many acres are the fields?
Abby