This evening I watched "God Grew Tired of Us: The Story of Lost Boys of Sudan" at L'Abri. It is a well done documentary on the Lost Boys, their struggles for survival in refugee camps and in the United States. After watching it, I felt like weeping for Africa, just weeping, as though my tears might heal the wounds of the suffering across the world.
The discussion afterwards was inspiring. Obang, an Ethipian refugee, and Ruth, from Somalia, along with others, shared about their own experiences, the current plight of those still in Africa and those within our midst here.
Rent this film. Buy it. Watch it. Cry over it. Think about it. Do something about it. Don't watch it alone. Share it with friends. Discuss it. Be changed.
1 comment:
I might have to watch this film, I keep hearing about it. Have you seen Invisible Children?
And you mentioned L'Abri. Is that the same L'Abri that Francis Schaeffer started? He is my hero.
Post a Comment