This just made my day!
Click on the D in dancing below
D ancing
Thanks for sending this to me, Elaine!
Oh, the last couple of days held plenty of opportunities to make the most of situations. Yesterday morning I enjoyed a cup of tea with Leah as we watched the snow fall. Then I went to work early to catch Sarah on her lunch break, during which we bought tickets to India...yeah, more details to come. Then, it iced, so Sarah walked home with me and spent the night here. Considering ourselves iced in, we made pancakes for brunch. At one point, I fell down the stairs to my room, and there wasn't even any ice on them! I left for work early to go help Sarah dig her car out. It took a lot of scraping, but we got her on her way. My evening was made up of giving oxycodone (a narcotic pain medication), doing dressing changes, giving oxycodone, emptying drains, giving oxycodone, flushing drains, giving oxycodone... One of my patients gets between 400-500mg of oxycodone each day, and she weighs less than 100 pounds. Most patients with severe post-operative pain get between 30-60mg each day. In other words, most of us would die given the doses she has developed tolerance to. I had fun with the patients and nurses today, and I walked home on the ice without falling. Now for a night of sleep and two days off...
No comments:
Post a Comment