Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Learning to Live

I'm trying to learn how to live. I'm trying to learn to plan for the future but live in the moment, to take things seriously, yet lightly. I'm trying to learn how to love and be loved. I'm trying to learn how to work and play and make each moment special. I'm trying to learn to feel and to think. I'm trying to learn to be broken without falling apart. I'm trying to understand what I can while accepting mystery. I'm trying to learn how to see, listen, laugh, cry, give, receive. I'm trying to learn how to love God. I'm trying to learn to be ever desiring without greed, to strive for what is good and beautiful but accept that which is flawed. I'm trying to learn how to be mature yet childlike. I'm trying to learn how to live fully and die to myself. I'm trying to learn this a little at a time without being too overwhelmed.

I'm trying to learn the art of a life well lived. I'm trying to learn more than I can learn by myself.

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:6

Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. Romans 8:26

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:15-16

2 comments:

Kaylene said...

I'm trying to learn to be broken without falling apart. I'm trying to understand what I can while accepting mystery.

Wow, so well put Amy. I echo your sentiments, I only hope that its with the same sincerety.

I'm trying to learn how to live fully and die to myself.

This is my hearts cry!

Beautiful scriptures also. Thanks so much for sharing. <3 <3

Matt & Tiff said...

Thank you for sharing that. Those are my thoughts, but when I try to explain, I'm unable to express such depth and sincerity. I'm glad you can do so and that you've shared it.