Thursday, February 21, 2008
New Job
I just have to share that I am so excited about my new job!!! A couple of weeks ago I started work on the intensive care (ICU) float staff. That means that I am being trained to work in all of the ICU's except the neonatal one and the pediatric one. I'm starting my 5-6 months of training by working with a few resource nurses and float nurses. I'm rediscovering the big world of medicine that is out there! I learned so much neat stuff in nursing school that I have not used during the last couple of years on trauma/general surgery. It's exciting to once again be learning the things I learned in nursing school plus some. However, the job I had for the last couple of years was excellent preparation for this kind of work. At the beginning of March, I will start classes for ICU work as well. So, I come home from work excited every day, but I am realizing just how MUCH I have to learn over the next few months!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ok, this is going to sound really bazaar, but i was google searching rickshaw, and found your blog. then i started looking through itand found someone that i think i know. you have a picture of how i believe to me a girl that i know from back in the mid 90's named Tandalee Leo. She and I met through a church gathering. would you just please ask her if she remembers me or if she knows me at all. My name is John Ullom, and i live in fort worth, tx. if she does remember me, please give her my email address and please have her contact me. I would love to see how she's doing/been. thank you,
John Ullom
mightyjohn@charter.net
682-552-3292
Good luck with your new job. I'm sure it is exciting to use the skills that you learned a long time ago.
Hi Amy,
I'm SO thankful/excited that you're enjoying your new job!
Check out my blog...I awarded you the 'Blogging with a Purpose' award.
<3
Kaylene
Post a Comment