"Open your eyes to the beauty around you,
Open your mind to the wonders of life,
Open your heart to those who love you,
And always be true to yourself."
Donna Davis
Several things have happened since I started this blog...Maurita came over for lunch, we tramped around the woods taking pictures and laughing, and I had a wonderful visit with big brother Micah. Now, I am listening to the St. Olaf choir on CD, drinking ginger tea, and downloading pictures from the walk today to share with you!
On our walk, Maurita and I had to stop to breath in the smells, admire the flowers, climb enbankments, run up hills and down little paths, sing, and laugh at ourselves. The green was that of new growth, so bright in the spring. I thought of Helen Keller quotes. Because she was unable to see and hear, she had to touch, smell, and feel with the heart.

"Smell is a potent wizard that transports you across thousand of miles and all the years you have lived." Helen Keller

"To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug." Helen Keller
2 comments:
Lovely springtime photos. I think you would also enjoy this blog:
http://thosenorthernskies.blogspot.com/
Beautiful post. I love spring!
Post a Comment