Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Night Owl

No, I'm not birdwatching, but rather patient watching. I don't normally work nights, but they needed an extra hand tonight to sit with a confused man. I like it because I have plenty of time to be on the computer, but it's harder to stay awake than when I am walking the halls--the night has a tendency to drag on. You know what is alwasy special, though? It's when a patient notices you rather than always being self-centered. When I commented to my patient that it's still the middle of the night and he needs to get some more sleep, he replied that I hadn't slept at all!

I have been researching world religions for my upcoming tour in Chicago. Sarah and I are going there this weekend to visit various religious temples and churches with a group from Harding University, where she went to college. I'm sure you'll see a post about that soon! You know, sometimes I have to do things just so I will have something to post on my blog!

Today I came to the hospital to visit for awhile with a Muslim lady whom I had met. I learned so much about life as a Somalian, Islamic refugee now living in the states! We probably talked for over an hour and a half with me probing and interviewing her! She was very open about her life and beliefs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you getting used to a varying schedule or is it hard? When I get knocked off my normal schedule it takes me a while to feel normal again! =)

Thanks for your comments. Yes, I have been enjoying taking pictures recently. I need to take advantage of some of the nifty features on my little camera, but I'm too lazy to study up and use them correctly.

Have a good week.

Amy said...

The different schedules don't seem to bother me too much, because I can always catch up on sleep. I'm never scheduled to work nights, I've just ended up doing it a few times because they were shorthanded. In fact, I worked the night, came home and slept 5 hours, and went back to work 17 hours over night again. Why do I do this to myself? I don't know. It was too long.

Kaylene said...

ah hah! you're catching the blog bug bad, Amy. ( :

I honestly wonder how I would function if I had to work nights. I would defintely have to do either/or.

I've recently been visiting with a muslim about her faith, too! Her faith interests me very much, but just like I told her, not because I'm searching for fulfillment, because I have found THE truth- Jesus Christ! This type of conversation is the most exciting to me!

Jolynn B said...

I can't wait to see the post on your experience in Chicago. I'm sure you will have a very educationaly fun time!