Friday, May 25, 2007

East West HOME is Best

Words cannot describe the way I feel. Maybe some photos will help portray the beauty that swept me away on my walk yesterday and convey the peace and joy of being HOME! Never before have I seen so many Lace Cacti in bloom at once!






Greenthread or Golden Wave cover the burned areas from last June's grass fires.
Purple Loco on a hill.
The girls and I had a little fun...












Anna and I scared up a few deer, then, a moment later, Queenie came running our direction being chased by a coyote! After a bit, we yelled at them, the coyote paused, then Queenie was after the coyote!The yucca are in full bloom.

This morning, the girls and I picked Lamb's Quarters, a plant that we blanch, freeze, and use like spinach.

8 comments:

Kaylene said...

*sigh* THANKS FOR POSTING!!! I LOVED the pics!!!!

heidi @ ggip said...

I probably have never seen any Lace Cacti before. Very lovely!!!

Do the lambs quarters taste like spinach? I have never heard of that.

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures! The are lovely!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers!

Sarah Blanshan said...

Great pictures, roomie. I'm glad you 've had a great time. Can you imagine the joy we'll feel when we finally get to our REAL home?

p.s. Speaking of weird food items (i.e. lambs quarters), there's some rhubarb in the fridge courtesy of Maurita. I already made muffins, and ate them all! This is why I don't bake often...

Dianne said...

Oh, yummmm!!! We grew up eating Lambs Quarter greens and have missed them for years! We still talk about how good they were --they are so much better than spinach! Enjoy some for me . . . and I love seeing all of your pictures. You're an excellent photographer and writer!
Love,
Dianne (your cousin)

The Dart Family said...

Amy, I enjoy seeing pictures of the ranch and the girls. Several years ago, a friend told us that we could eat lambs quarters, so when Mom and Becky wanted us to weed our garden, my two brothers and I protested against pulling out the lambs quarters. "It's not a weed. It's "ateable" as my younger brother said. :)

The Dart Family said...

P.S. Thanks for giving me the information about the blogs.:) ~Abby