Monday, July 09, 2007

Fly Fishing the Whitewater

On Saturday, I went fly fishing on the Whitewater River with a couple of my coworkers, Brian and Kelsey! It was a warm 94 degree day, but being in the cool water made it just about perfect. Perfect except for the stinging nettles...



Brian, our pro guide and instructor.

Though they may look harmless, when in contact with the skin they feel like a knives. The good thing is that the water soothes the stings and they leave no lasting welts or rashes. Because it was so warm, the fish were not biting well. Brian and Kelsey each caught one, and, well, I tried. I did catch some big trees, if that counts for anything! At least I got lots of practice casting, didn't hook any people, and never hopelessly tangled the line.

Kelsey's trout:)

1 comment:

Kaylene said...

Oh I'm so jealous! That looks like so much fun! I've never been fly fishing before, but I LOVE to fish! Glad you got to go. Love you!