I moved into my new place, slept a night, worked 3pm-7am, slept 5 hours, worked 3pm-7am, slept, then talked on the phone for 3 hours with technical support for our new internet! The shifts as work went very well and were rewarding. My coworkers thought I must be hard up for money. I don't know exactly why I worked that much, but they needed extra help and I felt like it:) I had some great conversations with coworkers during those two shifts and had some interesting patients as well. The best part of all was that I had two Spanish speaking patients! The first night my coworker had one of the patients, but I helped out with him so much that they assigned him to me the next day. I absolutely LOVED using my Spanish. You know, I got so much reward out of those two 16 hour shifts I can't even explain it.
Note: there have been a few times that I share the wonderful things that happen at work and how much I love nursing, then a day or two later I want so badly to erase those posts! But you know, I never have:)
The talk on the phone with the last tech support man in India was quite interesting as well. We chatted about random things throughout our conversation, because sometimes I would be rebooting my computer or doing something that required waiting. Among other things, we talked about the rewarding aspects of our jobs, faith, atheism, and more. He is proud to be an atheist.
I think I'm going to love the house where I am living, but I obviously haven't gotten to spend much time here yet. Today I'm just going through files on my computer and backing things up in case I mess things up trying to get my internet to work. This evening I am going to the annual corn feed that a couple in my church does at their house. It's finally raining here!
1 comment:
I love hearing stories about how God uses people to touch a telemarketer or tech's heart. God may have used you to plant a seed! I admire people who can strike up a conversation with anybody. Its a key part to witnessing!
I'm glad you got moved in! Your new house sounds lovely!
You good girl you...backing up your files. I need to do that so badly...
Love and miss you! Glad work is going well!
Post a Comment