Thursday, August 09, 2007

"Family"

The other night, my new roommates and I had a "family night." Some friends came over for dinner around the table and an evening of visiting, getting Internet fixed, and stretching. That's right, stretching. One of the guests is studying to be a physical therapist, and she taught me about stretching and various exercises. I think I need to follow up on that. A couple of days ago, I went over to help Sarah hang some pictures and just chat. Then, this evening, another Sarah had a friend and me over for supper and an evening of visiting, Boggle, and Settlers.

I just have to say that I have been tremendously blessed during these last few days. I am looking forward so much to this next year here in Rochester. Psalm 68:6 says, "God sets the lonely in families." In the absence of my own family, God is providing for my need for fellowship.

1 comment:

heidi @ ggip said...

Thanks for all your thoughtful comments regarding different issues on my blog. Sorry you did not win the contest, but it IS a great idea.

I'm not a saver, so I don't usually keep books, but I do know the feeling when you want to give a book your really recommend!