Just what "adjustments" did ya make, and what program did you use? I recently downloaded Picasa2 using Kaylene's link. I think its going to be really handy for basic photo editing.
P.S. I'm here at Spearman EMS today and not really feeling like doing school...hence my "surfing".
Daniel, Here's what I did to the photo using Adobe PhotoShop. First, I changed my shirt from a bright green with a Mayo Clinic logo on it to a neutral color that fit in with everyone else. Second, I removed your angel wings--the lamp behind your shoulders. Finally, I erased a bunch of shadows, mostly on the wall behind. I've printed out a bunch of wallet size photos to give to you all. Come and get it!
If you're going to take away my angel wings, you could at least give me the halo I deserve!
No actually, I think you make some significant improvements and would be interested in learning about Adobe PhotoShop. Is it free online or do you have to buy it?
I'm on my way to get my wallet sized copy...see ya soon!
P.S. Kaylene, can you do editing like that with Picasa or is only for cropping and so on?
Well, to get the limited first edition on its first release, Kaylene, you have to come and get it. However, for those who are willing to wait for snail mail and snail Amy, you may get one by going no farther than the mail box or post office. I'm thinking, though. Maybe I should write a little update letter for our family to accompany it. We'll see.
Daniel, as for the angel wings/halo comment, I think you missed my point:) You can purchase Adobe Photoshop at places like Walmart, but it's not cheap. Grandmother had it on one of her computers, which I used in high school some to add text and edit. It's more complicated than some other programs like Picasa 2, but you can also do more with it.
Great family photo! I can't wait to have that hanging on our bulletin board in the kitchen where we put up all our treasured friends' pictures when we get a hold of them.:) I don't think we've ever had a picture of all of you at the same time. Wat spelin erors, Danel?
I was going to say, "wasn't your shirt greeen?" then I read the above comments. I guess I was right. hehe! It looks nice! 'Specially without all the shadows... was it difficult or time-consuiming to do that?
It was a bit time consuming, Carly. Part of that is because it is tedious, but also, I am still learning how to use the program, so it takes some reading directions and experimenting. Most people don't even remember that my shirt was green! Good eye!
13 comments:
Wow Amy. That's a good looking family!
Just what "adjustments" did ya make, and what program did you use? I recently downloaded Picasa2 using Kaylene's link. I think its going to be really handy for basic photo editing.
P.S. I'm here at Spearman EMS today and not really feeling like doing school...hence my "surfing".
I LOVE the pic! Amy, your family has blessed ours tremendously over the past few years.
Daniel, Here's what I did to the photo using Adobe PhotoShop. First, I changed my shirt from a bright green with a Mayo Clinic logo on it to a neutral color that fit in with everyone else. Second, I removed your angel wings--the lamp behind your shoulders. Finally, I erased a bunch of shadows, mostly on the wall behind. I've printed out a bunch of wallet size photos to give to you all. Come and get it!
If you're going to take away my angel wings, you could at least give me the halo I deserve!
No actually, I think you make some significant improvements and would be interested in learning about Adobe PhotoShop. Is it free online or do you have to buy it?
I'm on my way to get my wallet sized copy...see ya soon!
P.S. Kaylene, can you do editing like that with Picasa or is only for cropping and so on?
Don't laugh at my spelling errors.
hahaha... ( ;
You can do a lot more with picasa 2 than cropping and so one, but photoshop is a lot more elite from what I've heard.
Amy, do I get a copy if I come? Or was that just for family... puleasssse. (:
Well, to get the limited first edition on its first release, Kaylene, you have to come and get it. However, for those who are willing to wait for snail mail and snail Amy, you may get one by going no farther than the mail box or post office. I'm thinking, though. Maybe I should write a little update letter for our family to accompany it. We'll see.
Daniel, as for the angel wings/halo comment, I think you missed my point:) You can purchase Adobe Photoshop at places like Walmart, but it's not cheap. Grandmother had it on one of her computers, which I used in high school some to add text and edit. It's more complicated than some other programs like Picasa 2, but you can also do more with it.
Bring on the comments! This is great!
That is great of everybody! When was that taken?
Nice editting job, as well. Ahh...Adobe PhotoShop (sigh!). I wish there weren't so many things like that that I wanted to buy. ;-)
Thanks, Laura! I just updated the post to include that is it from December 2005, the last time our whole family was together (sigh).
Great family photo! I can't wait to have that hanging on our bulletin board in the kitchen where we put up all our treasured friends' pictures when we get a hold of them.:) I don't think we've ever had a picture of all of you at the same time.
Wat spelin erors, Danel?
I was going to say, "wasn't your shirt greeen?" then I read the above comments. I guess I was right. hehe! It looks nice! 'Specially without all the shadows... was it difficult or time-consuiming to do that?
It was a bit time consuming, Carly. Part of that is because it is tedious, but also, I am still learning how to use the program, so it takes some reading directions and experimenting. Most people don't even remember that my shirt was green! Good eye!
you really need a thirteenth comment. I'm always one to step up to plate.
(for things as difficult as comments. hehe.)
Post a Comment