Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Weekend

It was great to have a weekend off after working the last two. Sarah and I nearly went overboard doing things with friends, but we enjoyed it so much!Friday evening was spent with some friends here in Rochester. On Saturday, we drove to Winona, which in on the Mississippi River.

After enjoy a scenic overlook, we met some friends for lunch, then walked around town for 2 1/2 hours just visiting!
















Some of the trees are colorful now, and there are many leaves on the ground!
On Sunday, we went to Whitewater State Park with some friends from Rochester, Lyle and Sarah.








Somehow the refreshment of the weekend was not enough to carry over into Monday and Tuesday. Yesterday was one of my worst days at work since I started, but I'm afraid today topped it. However hard I tried to be calm and organized, I felt like I was spinning my wheels. If I was helping one patient and had to run get something, I was sure to be needed by two or three other patients or nurses. Somehow I made it through the day with no major catastrophes, but at the very end, I went into one of the patient's rooms with the next nurse, Sue, to check on a wound manager bag. The patient took that opportune moment to give me a scolding and was not satisfied until I had sufficiently acknowledged the poor nursing care he had received and said I was sorry. All the while, his wife winked at me to tell me not to take it seriously. In the end, the patient said that he accepted my apology and that I was a good nurse. That did not really bother me because I knew it was just the way the patient was, but it was a great way to top of a challenging the day, don't you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Amy!

Thanks for your comment! These past few days have been really rough. (I won't bear my soul on the internet. ;) I am glad that you had the weekend off and got to catch your breath. :) I hope things are going better today, and I'll be praying for you!

Lauree Beth

Kaylene said...

great photograghy Amy! Your photos are always superb!

I hope things go better for you over the next few days. Continue keeping us posted on how we can pray for you.

P.S. I replied to your comment on my blog

Daniel said...

Sorry it took me so long to come around and comment! Also sorry about the down day at work. I know a little of your feelings from my last clinical on Tuesday...something like when it rains it pours. I realy think that at this point it can only get better...make that a trend anyway! I hear that; the higher level of experience, the lower the level of stress.

Keep it up!

Jolynn B said...

Rough days are so good when they end, aren't they? I pray things start looking up for you.