
Hello folks! I am Porky. I live in Texas on a ranch. I've been wanting to appear on the web, but it just took a long time to talk Amy into putting me up here. I first met Amy when this picture was taken.

I was actually sleeping soundly when she first disturbed me.

Naturally, I was scared, but it turned out to be kind of interesting and actually fun getting to pose for pictures.

Bet you didn't know porcupines were so cute!
7 comments:
You DO have some mighty cute little friends, Amy.
What can I say. They do look cute enough with which to play. But, in the past, when our animals have tried a friendly relationship, it didn't last. Rather, when they arrived home we were all aghast. The end result for our dog...well, he's now a thing of the past.
For the reasons above, I have to say, I give them the boot. More literally, the cute little creatures I shoot.
Excelent photograghy never the less!
Dean Green says hi!
Boy, Daniel! That made me laugh several times! You sure did wax poetic! I'm not sure I knew you could do that. I know it's true..and...and...I guess you can shoot Porky if you want:( But, he is cute, kind of like prairie dogs are darling and bineweed flowers are pretty. I think I like them better though. If you really think about it, they're pretty amazing little creatures! Would you have thought of making detachable poky things to protect this otherwise vulnerable and harmless little thing?
"Hello" to Dean Green! (and all of you my other fine friends!) Oh, Porky returns his well wishes. He's trying to come up with some poetry of his own!
Porky sure is a forgiving little critter to "return" well wishes to me!
To answer your question Porky, no, I don't think I would have thought of arming myself that way...but I don't think you did either. Your obviously an evolutionist porcupine. Taking credit for what you received...hhmmmmm (Amy speaking for you)
Ridiculous! To think that Porky was talking like he had the idea to put poky things on himself! Notice the wording. It was me saying that, not Porky. And, I was not thinking evolution, but the amazing creation of God. Do I make myself clear? I was marveling at one of God's amazing creatures. Were you just trying to pick a fight, or did you really think that? I'm glad I didn't show that to Porky, because you wouldn't want to pick a fight with his quills! I hate having to edit things before I show them to him (sigh).
Yes, I realize that I somewhat twisted what you said. I certainly wasn't trying to pick a fight with you...just the porcupine. The reason for this is that I've never won a "fight" with you, and never lost a fight with a porcupine. Bring it on Porky!
Come to think of it Amy, I not sure if we've ever had what you would call a fight...but I suppose that would depend on definitions. (Please, I you decide to prove me wrong on this, do it by email instead of embarrasing me...because I'm sure I was the perpetrator:)
TTYL
Yes, Porky is very cute to look at. I didn't realize you were a poet, Daniel. You should post more of you works on your blog.:D
Post a Comment