Monday, January 29, 2007

Snow Times

Last week I visited Ben and Tandalee in Illinois...


There was snow on the ground all of the way. Once it snowed here a few weeks ago, it has stayed white because it is so cold. It snowed again today.

I did go skiing for the first time, and did I get sore! We spent about 8 hours at the ski place and had a wonderful time in the outdoors. It was so nice to feel far removed from the hospital and just be outside.


I've been a little burned out with work lately. It seems to be particularly hard when I work several consecutive days, because I have some of the same patients several days in a row. Sometimes I just want a change. However, a friend of mine from a small group that has been a nurse for 28 years gave me some words of encouragement. I can get so caught up in doing everything right and on time that I forget to take advantage of all of those special moments. Today I had a special moment praying with a patient who is afraid to die. Praying with patients is something that I don't offer to do often enough.

Words of wisdom: if you get drunk bad things can happen...really bad. We have had several alcohol related accidents, three of which were falls, that are rather dumb but very serious!
"A man sees in the world what he carries in his heart."
~Johann Wolfgang Van Gothe

No comments: