Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Question

What is a characteristic in others that you admire?

Carrie and Anna at home on the Texas ranch.

12 comments:

Amy said...

I admire people who remain calm under pressure, do their best, admit their mistakes, and treat everyone with respect, from the oldest to the youngest.

Kaylene said...

Wow, what a huge question! The first thing that comes to mind is a cheerful countenance and attitude towards others and just life in general. People who live with the true joy of the Lord radiating through their expressions and actions, help me to love God more!

Anonymous said...

I certainly admire a spirit of gentelness and meekness, along with a steadiness to calmly ride the storms of life...I could go on and on. Good question!

Daniel

Anonymous said...

I have been appreciating more and more when people are friendly to everyone, even when (or especially when) they don't expect anything in return. There's many more traits I admire, of course, but I'll leave it there for now! :D

Jolynn B said...

I admire people who care about others enough to look past their weaknesses and admit their own. I also admire a healthy sense of humor. They must have it to be able to put up with me! :)
O.K. my weakness is an unhealthy sense of humor. I tend to go overboard.

Amy said...

Great comments! I have to add...

I admire people who have the courage to risk health and reputation for what they know is right and care enough about others to not just be nice, but be honest. I admire people who can think about issues from all sides, but are willing to stand firm on the truth. I also admire the quality of being able to set others at ease.

Anonymous said...

I admire people that are "swear to their own hurt and do not change." And I love that picture, Amy!

Anonymous said...

That is really a thought provoking question.
So after some thought, I would have to say it is truthfulness.
In todays world it seems to me that there is a lack of truth, so when truth is spoken it refreshes the soul.

Is 28:16-17 Therefore thus says the Lord God, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a preciouscorner stone, a shure foundation he that belives will not make haste. Judgement also will I lay to the line and righteousness to the plumb line: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.

Anonymous said...

Characteristics I appreciate ...
- Practical/Objective
- Humor!
- "Unphasable"
- Opinionated ... but slow to speak

Last night, Amy, we all agreed that we miss you. ;-) I look forward to having you home again!

And no -- Rachel is not standing on anything in that picture! She's actually taller than me ... and John is within an inch. =)

heidi @ ggip said...

I have to agree with Scott about truthfulness. It does seem like lying is just accepted nowadays, and I can't figure out what good it does...

But what I was going to say is Patience. The older I get, the more I realize that I'm not patient, and I wish I was more patient, sometimes.

Anonymous said...

ooo... good one^ Agreed with Heidi.

Unknown said...

Hey, Good question! I would have to say one of the characteristics that I admire in people the most is somebody who can think for themselve. Some people will sit back in life and never find out what they truely believe because they let somebody think for them and tell them what they should believe in every instance. I respect people who will be a friend and not just acting friendly out of christian duty. I guess I respect honesty, truthfullness, and people who stand out from the crowd!