It was great to fly away from Rochester for a break with my family. The girls and I had quite a time taking rides...and dumps...in the cart! I haven't laughed so hard in ages.
Someone may protest some of the photos posted here, but you must agree there are some
prize expressions!
Someone may protest some of the photos posted here, but you must agree there are some
prize expressions!
My time there was so short, but I got to see my parents and all of my grandparents and siblings at one time or another. The long time traveling provided reading, visiting, and sleeping oportunities. I finished What's So Amazing about Grace and read a book by a flight nurse. While home, I got to do things like play the flute with Anna, Guess Who with Angela, chat and go on walks with everyone, and enjoy the feel of wind and the site of tumble weeds, sand colored grass, endless blue sky, and real sunshine!The Texas Panhandle Song
The wind is blowing right along,
It’s the Texas Panhandle song.
While the wind jiggles the door latch,
The tumble weeds whirl and catch.
When I look through the window glass,
I see it bend and wave the grass.
The wind is blowing right along,
It’s the Texas Panhandle song.
While the wind jiggles the door latch,
The tumble weeds whirl and catch.
When I look through the window glass,
I see it bend and wave the grass.
It is blowing the clouds away
So the warm sun can shine today.
It blows the fall leaves off a tree.
When I go out it blows on me.
The wind's still blowing right along,
It's the Texas Panhandle song.
~Amy










9 comments:
Hi Amy! Glad you had such a good trip. I love those pictures! It looks like you girls were having lots of fun in "the dumps." :)It looked cold there too. Did you have any snow? Here in NY we haven't had hardly any snow since our storm in Oct. 13th. :( Abby Dart
It looks like you had a lot of fun! LOL! =)
It was fun to have you home…in spite of how little as I saw you. Nice poem. I found a copy of it in my stuff a few days ago and it makes your version look incomplete…my copy includes “By Amy H.” :)
I sure enjoyed your visit home, too! The cart rides were a lot of fun, but I didn't even think of you posting the pictures. Maybe I wouldn't have stayed upside down while Angela got the camera if I had known. No, I'm not protesting! :) Hope work is going well!
Abby, we did get a little snow, but mostly ice. It was beautiful!
We did have fun, Rachel!
I guess the poem is incomplete, Daniel. Maybe I'll add that. As for you, Anna, I almost posted two other pics of you:) Wonder if I could make you protest...
I miss you all!
Amy! Those are wonderfully FUN pictures! I am so glad you got to come home for a short while at least. Those pictures captured the moments so well, I felt like I was there for a minute. That cheered me up! Miss you and hope to talk with ya soon!!!
Oh, so now that your finished with, 'whats so amazing about grace' what is your final evaluation of it? Also, what is the book called by the flight nurse?
love you!
Hi Amy. thanks for stopping by to read my book review. I would like to see your Review if you get around to writing one.
It looks like you had tons of fun with your family. I grew up near some farms, but have no idea what it would be like to live on one.
Peace in the New Year!
Heidi
Amy, I love to see those other pictures of Anna. :)
Amy, I love to see those other pictures of Anna. :)
Post a Comment