I'm looking for suggestions. What kind of job would allow me to travel all over the world working with people and learning about plants, animals, geology, and anthropology? I just had the best evening in a long time looking through 1001 Natural Wonders You Must See Before You Die by Michael Bright and talking about travel with a friend. Yes, I love nursing--it gives me a chance to interview people about their lives--but I like lots of other stuff too. Sigh...
PS I really do want YOUR suggestions! The wilder and more exotic the better! Names, organizations, people you know that have found a way and what they did...
10 comments:
hehehe. wow, that book really inspired you! here's a suggestion: save your money and hike with me in new zealand. i'm sure we could interact with all sorts of people/plants there!
Amy, I share your sentiments! A book that has inspired me and has discussed hundreds of ideas/organizations is "Delaying the Real World: A Twentysomething's Guide to Seeking Adventure" by Colleen Kinder. It's from Running Press. I found this at Amazon.com.
Um... the texas panhandle! YES! THATS IT! Come to Texas... its one of the most interesting cultures... there is lots of yucca, a few precious trees, and the people are friendly (wild), though some uncivilized... but most definitely EXOTIC... ( :
PS... I'm seriously thinking on your question, but this really was the first exotic place/idea that popped into my mind! (:
I think you should join the circus! lol No, I am just kidding with you! You should look into something to do with wildlife or nature that allows you to travel. Maybe even photography or something like that of wildlife. That would be the coolest job to be able to travel the world researching wildlife and do something like what Steve Irwin did. Its even better if you have a passion for it, thats the greatest job you could get is doing something you really enjoy and make enough money to survive doing it!
We should make a club to travel to wild and exotic places! No, just kidding. You know, missionaries go lots of neat places. Just an idea...
By the way, I have a new xanga! It's really wild and exotic!
Sorry for commenting for the third time, but hopefully you can click the link and go to my brand-new exotic xanga! =)
So many great suggestions! New Zealand sounds amazing. It might be dangerous for me to read Stacey's book! As for Kaylene's comment, I should make myself clear. The Texas Panhandle sounds great; I'm thinking a couple of years down the road for the travel stuff:) It definitely IS an exotic place, and I love it! As I told Daniel today, there is nothing that makes me want to go home more than sunset pictures! Great idea, Waylon! I was hoping somebody would suggest that!
Rachel's xanga is exotic. Check it out!
I agree with Waylon. You should become a photographer! You are one already, actually. You just need to find someone who will pay you to travel to the ends of the earth. Maybe you could find or start a conservative version of National Geographic. And whenever you want to visit the Pan Handle area just convince your boss that it is the best time of year to take pictures there.:D
Post a Comment